"I used to be a much different person than I am today. My life was filled with all kinds of turmoil, both external and internal.
Externally, I made some very unwise decisions early in life. I started selling drugs as a teenager and would regularly lie, cheat, and steal as needed if it served my purposes. I also wasn’t afraid to act out against others if I felt justified—and I always felt justified because I was always angry and bitter. Destructive decisions seemed to follow me wherever I went. There was definitely no shortage of external turmoil in my life.
Internally, I felt like I always had to be in control and know what exactly was going to happen. I became very cold and calculating in this endeavor. I also became very arrogant.
One day, I was so miserable from living this way that I did something I hadn’t done in a very long time: I prayed.
I said to God, “God, if you’re real, please give me a sign. Show me something, bring me something, or show someone to me that will let me know you are really here for me.”
Two weeks after that prayer, some Christians from Redeeming Grace Church moved in right next door to me. After a few months of being neighbors, they invited me over to a Bible study at their house.
Through their influence, I soon realized that I needed to turn away from my sins and surrender my life to God. Jesus had already suffered the penalty for my sins on the cross—I just needed to receive his forgiveness and salvation.
As I realized this truth, it was like a giant weight was lifted off of my shoulders, and I began to see life in a whole new way. I experienced an inward peace that I’ve never known before as I understood God’s love for me.
Today, my life is no longer filled with turmoil, and I no longer need to be in control. Instead, I have God’s peace in my heart, and this peace is so deep and so real that it never leaves me, even during challenging circumstances."
Just like Jesus changed Brian, he can change you too!
Learn more about authentic life change (and experience it for yourself) by visiting our church this Sunday. We meet at 10:30am at Abraham Lincoln Elementary School (1526 Hamilton Road in Bethel Park, PA – click here for directions). We'd love to have you to join us!
Here's what you can expect when you attend:
To review, here are some highlights of what you can expect:
1) A powerful message from the Bible that speaks to you wherever you are (by the way, you can check out previous messages here)
2) Incredibly friendly, loving people who really care about you, even if they’ve never met you before
3) Your kids to be taken care of and learn about Jesus in a safe, clean, and fun environment
4) Everything to be designed with newcomers in mind, so that every part of the worship service makes sense to you even if you’ve never been to church before
Again, we meet at 10:30am at 1526 Hamilton Road.
Plan your visit today!
The best way to prepare for attending is by filling out this short form to plan your visit. While this is not a required step, here’s why it’s a good idea:
1. It allows you to pre-register children without feeling stressed or pressed for time.
2. We'll assign you a personal host for Sunday. This host will be available to help you drop off children in the children’s ministry, show you around the church, and answer any questions you may have.
3. We’ll have a gift bag prepared just for you.